Saturday, October 10, 2020

Does anyone else feel like weight loss/gain is your whole personality?

I've been on a perpetual weight loss journey since middle school and always had a very unhealthy relationship with food. If I'm not losing weight, I'm most likely gaining it. And whenever I'm in my "losing" phase where I'm strict about my food and exercise, I feel in control and love everything that goes into it. Waking up on a weigh in day becomes exciting. I'm always browsing through some weight loss reddit. I'm planning my next healthy meal. On the other hand, when I mess up, I get super down on myself, feel bloated, and just overall not good.

Suffice it to say, my mind is always thinking about weight. To the point where someone asked me what my hobbies are the other day and my mind immediately went to this subreddit. And I guess it wouldn't be an issue if I was open about my weight loss goals/journey with everyone around me. But I've been succeeding and failing at weight control for almost 20 years now so I feel super vulnerable admitting that I'm yet again (really, that I've never stopped) trying.

Really though, this isn't meant to be a downer post -- I've been really consistent about my goals since May and lost nearly 30lbs, all while creeping on this subreddit. Just wondering how I should next answer the question of "what are your hobbies?"

submitted by /u/brownpotato10
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2IgKXSt

No comments:

Post a Comment