Friday, October 23, 2020

Lost over 50lbs in 5 months! But finding it harder to lose weight (35M, 5ft 10, SW 262, CW 211, GW 192)

TDLR Lost 50lbs! Despite eating at a deficit of 1300 calories - it feels like I am now only able to lose weight when I exercise and don't eat back calories. Worried that this will get harder and harder.

I have finally reached the 50lbs mark of my weight loss journey since end of May by eating on average 1300 calories a day, walking a lot, doing C25K and now jogging 3-5 times a week.

But I have started to notice that it is getting harder to lose weight. In the past I could lose weight from dieting and walking alone, but now - despite still eating around 1300 (1500 at the most) a day - I only lose weight when I have exercised (i.e. jogged at least 5k) most days.

It just feels like a strange transition and I am conscious it will be harder to exercise in the Autumn/Winter (I prefer being outside as I get bored inside), but will still aim to (or start exercising at home). Last week I actually gained a pound for the first time when I did no exercise (although did a 10k jog on Sat and Sun so wanted to give my body time to rest) but was still at a deficit.

Any reason why I am not losing weight from diet alone now when I am eating at a deficit? It has me worried how difficult it would be to maintain in the future. I don't want to be eating 1300-1500 calories a day forever.

submitted by /u/iiiSushiii
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3kA7gAA

No comments:

Post a Comment