Sunday, October 4, 2020

My parents are refusing to take weight loss seriously and I’m(29f) terribly worried about them

Just a rant guys, since I’m at my wit’s end.

When I was a child, I was the typical fat nerdy kid who preferred games and books over exercising. Thankfully, in my adulthood I developed a taste for gym and lost a lot of weight. I’m quite lean now.

However, my parents have both become quite overweight over the years....and neither seem very interested nor determined when it comes to healthy living. They watch tv for hours in any spare time they have. They have a pretty active job, but it’s offset by their love for wine and late night snacks.

I’ve told them several times that they should go for at least 30min jogs, and cut back on the snacks. Maybe cut tv time a little. I’ve begged, I’ve reprimanded them. But as I’m the daughter, they do not like taking ‘orders’ from me and it is in one ear and out the other.

In the rare occasions they do go for a bit of light exercise, they always reward themselves with a heavy meal that day. Then not exercise again. They also don’t eat vegetables, which is worrying.

Doctors have warned them about gaining further weight. But after a week, they don’t care.

I’m seriously worried about them. Anyone reading this- if you have a family member who is eager and willing to lose weight, please support them with all your heart. It’s crushing to have family members who are eating to an early grave, and being absolutely powerless to stop it.

submitted by /u/tgxbjjbbno
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3la5oyz

No comments:

Post a Comment