Sunday, October 18, 2020

Starting my weight loss journey for the thousandth time

Hello, sorry if this is long this is my first post on Reddit. I have been lurking in this subreddit, I have read the about/faqs and have just been contemplating whether to make this post. I am a 19F, 5’5.5”, about 195lbs, BMI of 31.96. I have a history of mild asthma that doesn’t really affect in physical activity. Although I know that I am still young, I have always been on the chubby side and overweight. I’m honestly just embarrassed and not sure how I’ve gotten here. I’ve just been feeling bad about myself especially after looking back on my hs grad pics and noticing some of my peers starting their own workout Instagram pages.

This is the heaviest I have ever weighed, and I haven’t had much luck over the last couple of years (A lot of fluctuations). My body, weight and appearance has been a source of my insecurities for years. I used to go to the gym 1x a week last summer in 2019 and was about 180lbs( despite not knowing much of the best workouts for weight loss). Over the summer( June to end of Aug) I started doing IF 16:8, I tried doing some sort of calorie deficit and I also started doing a walking for weight loss program for 12 weeks. Unfortunately it looks like it didn’t end up doing much for me when it came down to my yearly physical appointment in August. I pretty much gave up on that program due to that disappointment . My physician recommended that I do some weight training and resistance training when I went off to school but I have no idea what it is, how to start and what equipment I would need.

I am a college freshman staying at home unable to go to the gym right now but hopefully plan to be able to my next semester in January. My goal weight is about 150lbs so I would like to lose around 45lbs. A lot of my weight is in my thighs with some of it in my stomach and then arms and face. I usually eat once a day, I no longer eat breakfast and once in a while have small snacks on the side. I live in the northeast so it will be getting cold soon. I don’t have scale which may be good to invest in nor do I have any workout equipment. Does anyone have any advice or suggestions for things to do at home as well as workouts/ suggestions that I could do at a gym?

submitted by /u/naijagurl1
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/35dgaxs

No comments:

Post a Comment