Sunday, October 18, 2020

Weight loss reactions...

The other day, I got together with some of my family who I haven't seen since I started my weight loss journey back in February and my god... my nephews reaction was priceless! Out of all the reactions from friends, colleagues, acquaintances, and other family saying things "how did you do it?", or "whats your secret?", or "how can I do what you did?", and weird ogling from people who I see out on my runs regularly, his was simply... the best!!!

That sheer look of bewilderment... Really brought back the memory of magic that kids still have in their young lives. While he was caught like a deer in the headlights he blurts out "Yooooo where did you go?!?! You were sooo round before!" and he just kept doing double takes, blurting out little questions, shaking his head in disbelief and was beaming on my behalf! After the initial shock wore off, he couldn't contain himself from sizing me up! Throughout the evening he had me doing pushups with him, going on a bike ride, and he even ventured into trying to pick me up (which surprised me that he got my heels off the ground!). His older brother also joined in on the remarks and joviality as well and enjoyed being able to show off his muscles and got me 6 inches off the ground... As someone who still struggles with seeing himself as the fat asthmatic suicidal abused kid or the adult chain smoking binge eating alcoholic... being picked up by a 14 year old and held in the air for a few moments gave me some of that childhood magic.

The reactions of these young men really helped to remind me of how far I've come in this year and also washed away a lot of the negative thoughts I was having about myself and life as I begin to face new challenges. So in all of this, I just wanted to say...take stock of the little moments. Let them help carry you forward on your journey and as you practice good self talk, use these moments as reminders to keep fighting back the negative thoughts in your head... You can do this!

Edit: here is my latest before/after photo. Haven't taken one for the last 5 lbs. https://i.redd.it/mz0cvyoawhr51.png

submitted by /u/jeffrrw
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3dA35Cq

No comments:

Post a Comment