Sunday, October 4, 2020

[update] I had skin removal surgery a year ago and was involved in an episode of Brand New Me

A year (and two days ago) I had skin removal surgery in three different areas of my body after a 250lbs (113kg) weight loss, which I've discussed in a previous post here

I have to say the progress has been great! Here's my torso, side view, right arm, and left arm. The scars are healing great, and I didn't even use any sort of regular regimen with creams or oils. I'm still numb in my belly button area and a bit along the horizontal scar, and when I try and stretch my torso I feel a tight sensation.

As far as my weight goes I've maintained. I was focusing on heavy lifting at the gym, but the pandemic put a bit of a wrench in my progress and so now I've changed my area of focus. I've been doing a lot more running and biking and signed up for my very first 5k in November! That was a big step for me as it was an item on my bucket list when I was obese.

I still have issues regarding guilt around eating certain foods. I'm never satisfied with my weight, always wanting to lose 15lbs (I'm 5'5, 165). I switch between trying to eat intuitively, but then eventually start counting calories again. But unless I'm not feeling well, I'm always active in some capacity. I have a great deal of fear that I will gain all of the weight back some day.

For those who are familiar with the series, I also shot an episode of Brand New Me which was a blast and a great experience! I'm not one for sharing these types of things but I just wanna get my story out there and encourage others who are on a similar journey that it can be done!

I still look at my new body in awe in the mirror every day. It was my dream surgery and I still can't believe I had it done!

submitted by /u/heyzeusmaryandjoseph
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/36tdfTT

No comments:

Post a Comment