Friday, October 2, 2020

Venting: I've lost 81 pounds and I'm ashamed

I don't usually post on here but I feel like I have to vent right now, I hope nobody I know sees this.

For context, I'm 17M, 5'5".

I started losing weight about 7 months ago at 228 pounds and I regret how quickly I've lost 81 pounds.

for the first few months, I was doing Keto and intermittent fasting with a huge caloric deficit, it ranged from 1000-1300 calories a day, I also STARVED myself every now and then (at one point, I went about 6 days without food and lost 5 pounds), I was addicted to seeing the scale go down rapidly.

I eventually quit Keto and starving myself and sticked to 20/4 IF and 1200 calories a day, then went down to 16/8 IF and eventually dropped IF completely, it wasn't until last week that I decided to consistently eat 1500 calories a day.

Now I'm 147 pounds, 15 pounds from my goal of 132 pounds, and showing signs of loose skin (especially in my upper arms) and from what I've heard, it was due to my rapid weight loss (unrelated to this, I still look like I have a lot of fat to lose but I only have 15 pounds to go).

I was careless, I wish I could go back and convince myself to lose weight slowly, or better yet, somehow convince my preteen self to eat less and avoid this mess I'm in.

Eating 1500 calories a day is hard for me, I keep telling myself things such as "If you instead eat x calories a day, you could lose x pounds in a week", I don't know how to stay patient.

Thanks for reading.

submitted by /u/loseitthrowaway091
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Snm21n

No comments:

Post a Comment