Monday, October 19, 2020

Week 2 Update - What a difference seven days can make!

You were all so incredibly supportive to me last week, and several of you have reached out in the last day or two, so I thought I should post an update today on how things are going.

I started my weight loss journey seven days ago at 473.3. This morning I weighed in at 455.0, for a total loss of 18.3lbs! I am certain that much of this is water weight, and my progress will slow soon, but I’m absolutely thrilled with what I was able to do this week.

I have also had three NSV’s this week!

First, I’ve lost 1.5 inches off my waist and need to add a few new holes to my belt to keep my pants up.

Second, I was able to bend over and put on/take off the walking boot I’m currently using for a broken foot. Previously I needed to awkwardly put my leg up on a chair or the bumper of my car to adjust it. I know this may seem minor to some, but it’s such a tangible improvement in my quality of life, I am overjoyed. Thankfully, the walking boot should come off Thursday pending any unforeseen issues.

Third, while I am obviously still diabetic, my glucose numbers have begun trending downward. A user from /r/SuperMorbidlyObese graciously invited me to a Diabetes support group on Discord, and that community, like this one, has been immensely helpful as I began to make these long-term changes this week.

I will mention that about half-way through the week I made the decision to follow a Keto diet. This is day four of that, and I have been experiencing some of the symptoms of the “keto flu” (though as of this morning I do feel a bit better; I hope that lasts!). Also, If anyone is looking for a good food log program, my Diabetes group friends turned me on to Carb Manager and I personally like it much better than MyFitnessPal.

Alright, this has gotten long so it’s time to wrap it up. Thanks again for all your help and support, folks. Have a great week!

submitted by /u/Tostito-Bandito
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/31lAj3B

No comments:

Post a Comment