Monday, November 9, 2020

How do you lose weight in a toxic family environment?

Im a 22 yr old female. I live with my dad and he is very negative and he wants me to lose weight the way he wants me to (low carb diet or intermittent fasting) . And when I do it his way I always fail in the end. He has no confidence in me and he tells me I'm not trying hard enough.

I do everything he asks and it is still not enough. So, I tried looking for more sustainable methods of weight loss. I looked into getting a scale to weight out my options so I can learn portion control and calorie counting.

He hasnt been supportive and as soon as I mentioned what I wanted to do for my weight loss he told me I'm going to fail before i even started my new method and I did. If I dont lose weight the way he wants he either completely ignores or harasses me daily about how much weight I'm losing or if I'm sticking to my diet. It is hard to do with someone breathing down your neck daily. And to be taunted telling I'm going to fail and I should just do what he asks of me.

If you've been this situation before and lost weight, how did you do it?

submitted by /u/Anynoums029
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2UhxSuF

No comments:

Post a Comment