Wednesday, November 11, 2020

How to avoid the temptation of novelty?

Hey everyone,

I've been on my weight loss 'journey' since March this year, fell off around late August and trying hard to get back on this past week or so. I've since gained 3kg. Anyways, my post today is asking about how to avoid the temptation of novelty foods? I know this is a bit of a childish question but something that I've been struggling with. Like, just 30 minutes ago I went to the coffee chain near me and instead of getting something light, I ended up buying this very sugary seasonal latte they were offering. I noticed this happening yesterday too when I bought a bag of chocolates because they were limited edition.

Previously, I could tell myself "this isn't going anywhere, you don't have to have X right now, you can have it later" whereas my mind is now saying "THIS IS LIMITED EDITION, YOU NEED TO TRY IT WHO KNOWS WHEN YOU'LL BE ABLE TO TRY IT AGAIN". I have poor impulse control and I realise that I respond to things when there's a perception of like, an impending deadline or a sense of urgency. I live in the UK and there's just seasonal foods and snacks everywhere and I can't seem to resist the temptation to try them. Any and all advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks!!

submitted by /u/ms930652210
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3eQwBEI

No comments:

Post a Comment