Monday, August 2, 2021

I'm officially over 30 lbs down. I'm not that excited?

My partner and I decided a few months ago to do monthly check ins about our health/fitness goals on the first of every month. Well yesterday we had our check in and I told him I had lost 30 lbs (I hit 31 lbs lost today) and he didn't understand why I wasn't celebrating/why I wasn't that excited about it.

When I first started this weight loss journey in April I was soooo excited/obsessed with losing weight. I would talk his ear off for hours about all of the weight loss info I had read about. I was keeping him updated with every small victory "baby I'm 10 lbs down!" and "I hit 15 lbs down today!" and "18 lbs down, I lost as much as our dog weighs!" and "These pants didn't used to fit and look at them now!" etc. So the fact that I didn't share/wasn't excited about hitting the 30 lbs down mark was baffling to him.

I think he interpreted my lack of excitement as a sign that I was giving up on my goal of losing more weight, which seemed to worry him (let me just be clear he is super supportive and not judgmental and just wants the best for me, he has never said anything negative about my appearance despite me gaining 70 lbs since we got together 8 years ago).

He tried to get me excited "Aren't you excited to be able to hike further without getting tired? To be able to run without your feet hurting? Don't you feel like your clothes are fitting better?" etc. It is so strange but I honestly don't feel excited about this journey any more? I am determined to continue to lose weight. I am being disciplined and sticking to my deficit. But I am just not excited right now. Not sure exactly why.

I think that I might get excited again when I go down a pant size or when I lose enough weight that I have to go shopping for clothes (which I love doing). But right now I am a little indifferent. I don't hate my diet, I've gotten used to being in a deficit. I don't plan on stopping any time soon, but the idea of reaching my goal weight doesn't put a smile on my face like it used to.

Has anyone else felt this way on their journey? Can you relate?

BTW here is a picture of me today.

submitted by /u/No_rain_93
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3yqCRfm

No comments:

Post a Comment