Saturday, July 1, 2023

Cheat Day Reflections

I had a cheat day today, as I do once a month since I started my weight loss journey six months ago (on 12/29, so it was NOT a new year resolution, for the record).

Six months in, all I can say is dear god I can't believe I used to eat like this 2-3 times daily every day. The portions are insane and restaurant food feels so heavy. And after eating, my stomach hurts from being over-stuffed, and I have no energy.

Another thing that hit hard today is how much freaking salt is in restaurant food compared to what I make at home. I don't monitor my salt intake, and I salt my food to taste when I cook at home, but the restaurant foods are on another level. I've been thirsty af and chugging water all day. I'm on my 5th water bottle today and still thirsty.

If anything, the monthly cheat day is a good reminder that I do not want to live/feel like this. I can't believe I DID used to live like this. It shows me that I don't really miss my old habits. The fact that I've all but lost the taste for the foods I used to eat all the time is a good feeling of progress. And it reinforces the fact that I want to lose this excess weight and have a healthy body more than I want anything else, even the foods I used to be addicted to.

submitted by /u/desidilgori
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/nKOdiap

No comments:

Post a Comment