Sunday, September 3, 2023

Advice on gym workouts and diets for weight loss

(I have started going to my apartment's not so fancy gym for one week, and I need some help)

Need help with the following things:

I am 24y.o, 180 cm tall, 220 lb with evident belly fat, moobs and huge thights. I have rencently started eating in a calorie deficit manner after some research.

Want to understand gym workouts: I started gym a week ago. I like cardio, ran 2 miles first time in my life. I do some exercises on Precor machines(abs, chest, back and legs)

What kind of workout should I follow for sustainable weight loss?

I hear a lot about weight training and thoughts (my apt gym doesn't have barbels or weight lifting stuff. It only has dumbells and machines for chest and incline chest and other exercises. Am I missing something by not going to a proper gym for weight loss and getting into shape?

Is only cardio sufficient, or what is a good mix of exercise?

I initially thought I would run for a longer time which might help me lose weight, but after doing some research, I found my opinion not so correct.

How important are protein supplements for me? (protein powder)I can't eat eggs or any meat. I am not sure about my protein intake(I mostly eat vegetables and some fruits). Does taking some protein shakes help me in this weight loss journey? I want to lose 60 lbs, if possible, in the long term(6-8 months).

I was a lazy guy who thought being skilled was important hence spent the last 10 years infront of a computer with zero physical exercise. I spent 24 years of my life doing nothing but just eating whatever I like and whenever I like. I want to be fitter and in good lean shape. I have this motivation because I am out of school now, and I can spend more time on fitness, I live and cook independently for the first time in my life. Please help me in this journey.

Thanks in Advance

submitted by /u/underdog_gentle
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/IWBGSTt

No comments:

Post a Comment