Saturday, November 17, 2018

Paying it forward: too big clothing

I hope this is allowed.

I was recently lamenting to a friend who is slightly ahead of me in her weight loss journey about how my clothes were getting too big but I didn't want to buy new ones because they may only fit me (hopefully) like a year or less before I needed new ones again. A week later, out of the blue, a box arrives with all of her L and XL clothes that are now to big for her. I was ecstatic and it probably saved me a couple hundred dollars. It inspired me to clean out my own closet.

I don't have any friends that are larger than me now so I wanted to pay her kindness forward and send someone (one of you in the US) my 1X and 2X clothes that no longer fit me. (I will pay the shipping). It is mostly Old Navy, Target and Kohl's brands. All of the stuff is in decent condition and wearable. It is mostly casual items since I work from home. There are 25 tops (lots of fall and winter things including sweatshirts and a few t-shirts), 8 pairs of long pants (2 jeans, 3 or 4 pairs of work out pants), 5 pairs shorts or skorts and 6 casual dresses (all summer dresses - 1 is really a swim suit cover up). The bottoms are 16 and 18s I think.

I will ship it to the first person who PM's me and lives in the continental US. You can keep what you want and donate the rest (I won't split the items up). I thought about just donating the stuff to my local goodwill but I wanted to do something kind for someone else like my friend did for me. I just want it to go to someone who is in a situation like me and doesn't want to buy new clothes that they will hopefully only wear a short amount of time.

Thanks!

submitted by /u/toomanytoobigclothes
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2PzOYUP

No comments:

Post a Comment