Tuesday, August 18, 2020

I’m no longer obese, just overweight! How do I celebrate?

Stats: 24F | 5’7” | 189.2lbs as of this morning Starting weight: 220lbs Goal weight: 150ish (just want to be in a healthy weight range)

Hi all! First time I’m posting in this subreddit, but have been gaining confidence and inspiration from you all for the past 3 months. I’ve been working very hard to get down from my starting weight of 220lbs in April. I am very proud to say I’m below 190! Meaning I’m no longer considered obese, just overweight. I know BMI isn’t the best way to track your health, but it’s just one of a few ways I’ve been measuring my progress.

I’ve been using myfitness app, eating at a healthy deficit, cutting out junk food and alcohol, drinking more water, and EXERCISING. Which I have found very therapeutic. Especially strength/resistance training. Also, a big thank you to everyone in this subreddit, I’ve found it so incredibly helpful!

I’ve also been taking my measurements monthly and have a smart scale to track my percentages; I’ve made significant changes in both of these. But the BMI measurement (as much as I hate to admit) has been my most discouraging part of weight loss; it’s not the most uplifting thing to be told your still obese every morning at weigh in even when you know you’ve made great progress. So moving into a new category really makes me feel like I’ve made a huge step towards my goal.

So to the fun part, I want to celebrate reaching my first goal; and I plan on celebrating every 10lbs until I hit my ultimate goal weight, but I don’t really want to celebrate with food or alcohol.

I had thought about maybe going kayaking, taking a weekend to go on a road trip, or going camping at the local national forest. My boyfriend and I have been stuck in our house since the start of COVID and we want to treat ourselves with an experience. But with Fall/Winter coming I know we won’t be able to do those things every time I hit a goal...

So what do you all do to celebrate? Or do you have any ideas on how I should?

submitted by /u/ConfusedMidwesterner
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3iVEKIL

No comments:

Post a Comment