Tuesday, August 4, 2020

In general, is there any reason to cycle in a CICO maintenance period if I haven't hit a plateau? F28, SW305, CW278, (1st)GW250

Hello! I reviewed the loseit posts I could find about maintenance and calorie cycling regarding plateaus, but didn't see anything that specifically addressed what I am looking for.

Everyone seems pretty in agreement that a good way to break out of a plateau is to calorie cycle or take a week and eat at your maintenance CICO. However, a couple IRL folks (coworkers and family friends) have mentioned that someone trying to lose weight and change lifestyle should institute maintenance periods during their weight loss even if they are still actively losing and not at a plateau. One person said it's advised to lose for 12 weeks, maintain for 12. One person said lose for 2 weeks, maintain for 2 weeks. Both said that alternating losing and maintenance will help the metabolism catch up to a new normal.

Hoping to learn if anyone has cycled maintenance periods like this and found it beneficial, or if I just let these folks get in my head and shouldn't worry about it unless I plateau. I only weigh myself every couple weeks, but overall I've averaged 1.6 lbs down a week since I started and I haven't noticed any plateau/gain that wasn't temporary/hormone related.

Thanks much for any guidance!

submitted by /u/MadMadameMir
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2ETwZV3

No comments:

Post a Comment