Friday, August 7, 2020

Small wins: BMI is down 8% and resting heart rate is trending down

Sharing because I don’t really have anyone to talk to about this stuff.

Starting weight: 355 Starting BMI: 60.9 Current weight: 337 Current BMI: 55.9 Short term goal: 299 (I haven’t been under 300 in a few years)

I started to try to lose weight at the beginning of 2020 and had some pretty good success at the beginning of the year with weight watchers, dropping to like 345 and then the pandemic hit and at the same time, I moved across the country.

All that stress caused me to get off the bandwagon until about a month ago when I started to suffer from terrible Health Anxiety really induced by COVID. I was having terrible anxiety and I think that caused some dizziness so I went to the doctor and he was concerned about my blood pressure (which can historically swing high sometimes, but has been recently consistently high because I’m afraid of getting COVID). He put me on Losartan 50mg and I was now shit scared, so I got back on the weight loss train.

In the last month I’ve lost close to 10 more lbs, my blood pressure is under 120/60 when I take it in the mornings and I’ve noticed that based on my Apple Watch, my resting heart rate is trending downwards from 70bpm in January to 63bpm now. I’m also getting my blood work redone so I’m looking forward to seeing the changes there.

Small wins, but that’s all we’ve got now a days. I still have a long way to go, and the weight loss has even helped my Health Anxiety a bit (but I’m still terrified of getting COVID).

submitted by /u/bean___dip
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2DltIxn

No comments:

Post a Comment