Sunday, August 16, 2020

theory - lack of micro-nutrients is the main danger to fast weight loss; by eating nutritious foods, we can make up for that

im sharing this here to see if anyone else has had a similar experience in their weightloss.

hopefully we are all aware of the dangers of losing weight too quickly, from gallstones to unsustainable habits. However, I had a bit of an eye-opening experience with my current loss regarding this.

The times in the past that I have lost a considerable amount of weight, I always lose it quickly. I also usually face two consequences - hair loss and period loss.

This time around, I have also lost weight quickly (28 lbs in 12 weeks, 2.3lb/week, from 173lb to 145lb, my ideal formulaic weight being 135lb) but I have not had any consequences. This is even though I did 1200cal/day for the first 6 weeks despite not being short or sedentary. I DID face the consequence of low energy, which made me up to 1400 calories, and now I've become even more lenient with some 1600 days as I'm trying to build muscle and ease myself into maintenance.

What I did differently this time was that I only ate nutritious food. No refined sugars at all. Everything I eat needs to contribute some micro-nutrients to my diet. This translates to lots of veggies, fruits, quinoa, legumes, fish, eggs, and nuts/seeds. And 85% dark chocolate, my one true love.

I'm theorizing that the consequences I faced from weight loss were simply from low micro-nutrients, not from fast weight loss. Calories are just about energy level (which is a pretty big deal, not to undermine that, but not as alarming as halting bodily processes). Has anyone else experienced this or is everything I wrote total BS? :P

submitted by /u/al-zaytun
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2PV1YSI

No comments:

Post a Comment