Friday, October 2, 2020

Advice for how many calories I should be eating (for weight loss) - new here!

I'm a little intimidated by the huge community on here and I'm sure I'm annoying someone with putting this post here/the way I've written it/etc, so please go easy on me! I am new here and just looking to get some help from the more experienced on how to get started.

My details:

27, F, ~5'4", Current weight: 86kg, Goal weight: 60kg. Student, so typically sedentary but have just (this week) started going for about 30 minutes of walking per day.

I do like to eat good real food, am not into sugary drinks or sweets. But, I'm not somebody that enjoys cooking, and so I tend to order out a bit too much. I think that my main issues are 1. Ordering out, 2. Portion control, and 3. Not exercising enough.

I am confident I can get on board with the exercise as I enjoy that (I have a VR with beat saber and fight night, plus just got a car which means I can go to nearby parks and walk/eventually jog around those - yay!).

But I do not feel like I have any understanding of how much I should be eating. I don't want to be undereating at a point that is dangerous or not recommended, and I also don't want to be eating at a rate that is not going to help me lose this weight. So what I would really like is to learn maybe 3 x breakfasts, lunches, dinners, that are within the daily amount of calories I should be eating for weight loss. And then I would just rotate those meals. As I said, I don't like cooking, and I know that if I could pre-prepare a couple of meals for the whole week I'd stick to it. I'm not a fussy eater at all. Also, a few years ago I did lose nearly 10 kg using myfitnesspal and counting calories each day, but for me this turned into a bit of a toxic obsession and I didn't like where it put me mentally. Hence why I'd love to be able to just know how many calories I'm eating each day and then not need to be interacting with the maths of it each meal, if that makes sense.

I hope that this post is ok and not seeming demanding or rude or anything - I'm not expecting somebody to write me up meal plans or anything (but I wouldn't turn this down either if you are up to it haha) but I would just like to have some understanding of how many calories I should be eating and maybe some recipe ideas too.

PS - is it unrealistic for me to want to know roughly how long it should take me to reach my goal weight? I appreciate that it could be a hard thing to estimate as everyones bodies are different, etc.

Thank you so much for any help/guidance/advice.

tl;dr: I'm 87kg, 5'4", and new to this sub. I'd really appreciate any tips on how many calories I should be eating per day to lose weight in a healthy way, and, for those that know recipes or meal plans within that range would be an added bonus!

submitted by /u/peeltheavocado-
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/36r1Dk0

No comments:

Post a Comment