Friday, October 9, 2020

Finally under 70kg/154lbs, for the first time in my adult life!

Tl;dr: decided to get my life together 1.5 years ago, mainly using CICO and some light exercise I've lost 19kg/41.8 lbs and finally weight under 70kg/154lbs and I cried a bit.

To preface this, I started gaining weight rapidly when I was around 18. Depression, being "unsupervised" as I moved and didn't have my parents looking after me, having money and a job, well, it was a mess. I would say at my heaviest I was probably way over 90kg/198lbs, but I didnt weight myself so I don't know for sure.

So about 1.5 years ago, and after few unsuccessful 30-day diets over the years (in that they didn't trigger change, but I did lose some weight), I finally found the interest to get my life a bit more together. I worked in an office with its own gym, and couple of colleagues wanted to start going and invited me along. It was around the same time I first read about CICO and though I was a bit scared I'd go overboard with obsessing over calories I decided to give it a go.

Its been an up and down journey and I gained around 8kg/17.6 lbs in the 2019 winter + beginning of the pandemic which set me back. But realising that I can have days where I go over the calorie limit has helped me to hop right back to proper diet afterwards, so there's been a more or less even downward trend regardless of me having cake at a birthday party or enjoying my parents cooking when I've been home.

I try to weight myself once a week only (again, I need limits to ensure I'm not obsessing over things), but forgot this week until my sister commented that I look really small (which already made my day) on a picture, so this morning I stepped on a scale and it showed 69.5kg/153.2lbs. And I cried a bit because I've been going back and forth between 72-70.5kg/159-155lbs for a while, and because breaking the 70kg has been my main milestone for a while (and 68kg/149.9 lbs was the last weight I remember being at 18).

I'm almost 27 years old now, and even if it took almost a decade to get here I'm ridiculously proud of myself. I haven't really shared anything about my weight loss with people to avoid making a big deal out of it but I really, really wanted to share this with someone, and I've been lurking on this subreddit for a while and it felt appropriate given the motivation you all have given to me as well!

I'm still overweight (BMI 25.8, so almost there), and my goal weight is still some 8-10kg away at around 60kg/132lbs (unless I feel like its too low when I get closer, in which case I'm happy with whatever makes me feel best) but slowly getting there.

submitted by /u/Feredis
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Gx9Skl

No comments:

Post a Comment