Wednesday, October 7, 2020

For those who don't have massive amounts of weight to lose, how do you do it?

I'm 26 years old and have been trying to lose weight for the better part of most of my life. My mother worked in the fashion industry in the 80s and 90s so she has passed on an (un)healthy dose of body dysmorphia and an obsession with the scales.

I currently weigh 68kg (149 pounds) and have the ability to lose a few pounds through calorie counting but always seem to put it back on, and I am so, so disheartened. Every year I say I'm going to finally get my goal body but I never do, and then I proceed to blame everything that goes wrong on my weight.

What confuses me is that I only seem to lose weight when I eat between 700-800 calories a day. I am a petite woman (5'2 and my goal is to weigh around 120 pounds) but I feel as if this may be quite unhealthy. I have insulin resistance but I don't think that should prohibit my weight loss that much, and the contraceptive I take does not list weight gain as a side effect.

Last month I was down to 67.3 and losing weight rapidly (1.5 pounds a week) but I've recently moved up to 1200 calories per day + 1 cheat day and I put all the weight back on. I am confused and disappointed, I also am concerned about cutting my calories to a point where I engage in severely disordered eating as I have a family history of it.

Am I counting incorrectly? Or should I be seeing a doctor and what advice do you have for petite women. I am sick of promising myself that I'll be thin soon and want to start making the right changes now.

submitted by /u/endofcarrots
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3nCWonM

No comments:

Post a Comment