Thursday, October 15, 2020

Made a weight loss projection model to help keep me on track. Figured I would share!

Hey /r/loseit, I have been lurking in this sub for quite some time. Have gotten so many great insights and advice here over time. When this pandemic started I totally dropped the ball and let things get out of hand in my own journey. Decided this week to get back on the horse.

My day job has me create projection models regularly so I figured taking a hard look at the numbers for myself would give me the sobering motivation I needed (and BOY did it do the job). Figured some of you all out there might enjoy a similar exercise .

Designed a simple model that outputs daily figures for weight loss based on total daily energy expenditure calculations in Google Sheets. TDEE is recalculated dynamically based on your projected weight each day so it shows you a realistic long-term timeline to your goal weight(I do not believe the online calculators do that, but correct me if I am wrong on that).

You can grab a copy here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uXvaB6jyhmiIPzFvGXnsoaKC3g2OidDJOtgzhuhSpP8/copy

Included a 1-year tracker and a 3-year tracker. The model tries to predict when you will hit your goal weight based on the set parameters, all you need to do is change the inputs in Section #1.

It additionally charts out your progress alongside your goal for a nice visual.

If you guys find this useful I figure we can expand this thing into something more that the community can leverage, so please let me know if you have any suggestions or follow-up questions.

I would add some pictures but the functionality on this subreddit to add them seems to be greyed out. Not sure why.

Keep trucking on the journey everyone, I know I will :)

submitted by /u/Sacyro
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3k45esq

No comments:

Post a Comment