Wednesday, October 7, 2020

One year on the plateau, any advice?

Two years ago I lost 27lb (217->190) using the DASH diet. But since then I've been stuck between 185-190 pounds. I'll lose five pounds and then regain it over and over.

In the year after weight loss I tried to break the plateau by "kicking it into high gear" and incorporating exercise. I got a personal trainer and went to the gym. Then with COVID I switched to trail running/hiking 3-5 times a week. I've definitely got more muscle, stamina, better measurements, etc. but the scale remains the same.

I'm proud that I've maintained for two years. But at the end of the day, I want to move from "obese" to "overweight" and lose another 15 pounds.

I want to get off the plateau but don't know how to do it, would love some advice.

How do you guys handle amped hunger and a regular exercise routine? Anyone else experience a year(s) long plateau? How did you progress?

submitted by /u/jellybeansean3648
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3iCgfjf

No comments:

Post a Comment