Thursday, October 8, 2020

When you lose weight but only you and your doctor know it

This year, I lost a significant amount of weight but the only person who has noticed (because she has my stats) is my doctor. I wasn't intending to lose weight. I started the C25K program again this summer because I was just tired of never finishing things. Well, I completed the program and I'm working on doing a 10K. I also became a vegetarian for ethical reasons. I started this things not thinking I would lose weight. Honestly, I was kinda team FA for a while. Anyway, I had a virtual doctor's appointment in the summer and she asked me to weigh myself. She was very happy when I told her my weight because apparently I had lost about 15 pounds. I started the year at 226 lbs. After this appointment, a light bulb went off in my head. I guess I knew weight loss was possible and I also knew that I didn't have to feel miserable doing it. Now I've lost 30 lbs. I'm under 200 lbs. I'm almost out of the obese range. I even managed to fit into a size 12 jeans (although they were very tight and I ended up returning them). I've lost so much weight. My clothes fit better. My face has slimmed down. Yet, as of now, the only people who have noticed anything are me and my doctor. In some ways, it feels discouraging. I'm not going to stop running or go and eat all the meat. However, I sometimes wish someone else in my life would notice. Did any of you experience this? If so, how did you deal?

submitted by /u/crochetinglibrarian
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/36OCMXE

No comments:

Post a Comment