Friday, November 6, 2020

70 day update: 30M 6'1", SW 300, CW 249, GW ? progress pic, story, do's and don'ts.

I'll start with my habits before I decided I'd had enough with the way I looked. Basically, there were no rules, and I ALWAYS had a beer in my hand.

I have three kids. That means a couple things. 1, There's not much time for me to exercise. 2, they don't often finish their dinner, which means that I often finished their dinners after I finished my own. I'd wind up over-eating every single meal. It was no surprise I ballooned to 300, and I used to be an athlete.

The changes I made:

No bread. No battered/ deep fried food, and then the big one, NO alcohol. Yes, I understand that I could have gone bourbon, but I knew that if I didn't have a clear, sober mind, I would fail.. But to be honest, once you make the decision to be serious about weight loss, you don't crave those things. You find what works best for you and go with it. r/stopdrinking is an amazing place and I highly recommend you visit.

I would typically IF and only eat between 1pm and 6pm. Those meals were light. Lunch would either be a couple hard boiled eggs, or a chicken breast cut up on salad, with no dressing. Dinner would be pretty much anything, as long as it wasn't pasta or bread or fried food, which wasn't always easy to do with three kids. Mac n cheese is a weekly appearance, tator tots stock the freezer.. parents get it. But where I found solutions on those nights was, eggs. I eat so many eggs. To not get sick of them, I would cut up peppers and onions and saute them, add hot sauce, just find ways to keep it new. Occasionally, I would get a cheap, lean steak and eat that for dinner. That worked WONDERS.

The weight fell off. When I would get stuck for a few days at a certain weight, I would go OMAD, which I really didn't enjoy, but it would get me through. I don't really recommend that. If I had made the time to make a healthy lunch, like a couple hard boiled eggs, I could have eaten those and not had to OMAD. My point is, take the time to do what you know works for you.

Mistakes I made:

I pretty much planned a binge day. My 30th birthday fell in there, and I planned to treat myself all day long with my friends. Beer, bar food, all of it. Pair that awful day with the hangover food the next day and I was suddenly facing somewhere near a 4lb set back. It took me a week to work that back off. It was devastating. When I started this journey I told myself that life was just going to suck for awhile, and I shouldn't have relapsed. But, we're not perfect. My point is, if you're planning on giving yourself a cheat day, it's not worth in my opinion. That day came and went, and while it was fun, it was depressing to look at the scale and think I'd failed.

Anyway, my goal is to be able to run again without hating it. I'm not sure what weight that is. Probably gotta be under 220. I ran two miles last weekend without stopping, and it sucked, but I was happy to accomplish that.

I'm on mobile, so I'm sorry if there's typos and crap formatting. If you have any questions I am happy to answer!

Here's me

https://imgur.com/gallery/kmQ3ZZH

submitted by /u/Flattishsassy
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2IfuZru

No comments:

Post a Comment