Friday, November 6, 2020

Is it normal or worrying if you miss a period when losing weight?

Hey there! I'm 29F 5'8 [SW265 CW219.4 GW165]

I'm dieting using CICO and it works great . I consume roughly 1400kcal a day (2500ish on sat & sunday when I have some drinks/cheat meals). I've been losing relatively consistently, about 8-10lb a month now generally but slowing down a little the past few weeks. I also just upped my exercise from 30 min x 5 times a week to 40 min x 5 times a week.

The problem is, i missed my period last month, its now been 7 weeks with no period. I am on the contraceptive implant which I just had replaced 2 months ago (they said it wouldnt interrupt my periods at all as its the same one I had before and there was max 30 seconds when I was without either). I took a pregnancy test which was negative.

Could my diet be affecting my periods? Work is a little stressful but I doubt its enough to cause this happening. Should I be worried at all?

I eat incredibly healthily now compared to 5 months ago. I would like to have children in about 2 years and it is one of my reasons for starting my weight loss journey, so I don't want to do anything to negatively impact my fertility.

submitted by /u/SSugarMagnolia
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/32iQfUF

No comments:

Post a Comment