Tuesday, August 3, 2021

The Difference between Male and Female with weight loss

Fun fact: I am a nutritionist at a zoo that cares for both a male and female lion. The male is a healthy weight, and the female is overweight. The male gets, on average, 10 lbs of food a day. The female? THREE. The only significant difference between the two is their sex - essentially, their hormones.

I think about this a lot when comparing male and female weight loss. I am female, down over 35lbs so far.... but SO is my male partner in the same amount of time (without dieting)!

Of course, this is a wonderful thing. Simply eliminating our frequent fast food trips, dinner outings, and weekly drinking nights has been enough for him to lose the same amount of weight as I have. But he still gets fast food/drinks occasionally on his own (jerk), yet if I cheat once or twice in a week, my progress is all but stopped!

Hormones are serious business. Men, be thankful of your weight loss advantage. And women, be proud of how you're able to achieve your goals DESPITE the challenge!

(Note: I realize I am referring to a binary here, but trans and nonbinary people certainly still exist. I am making a generalization based on my observations and experience and unfortunately don't have any input outside of gender/sex binary).

submitted by /u/bellabelleell
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3fuZtUe

No comments:

Post a Comment