Thursday, August 5, 2021

Working out wayyyy more, eating less, not losing anything.

Hey everyone, figured I ought to ask you all what to do as you all have much more experience than me with physical activity.

I am a 19 year old male who currently weighs 295 and is 6 foot 3 inches tall. I have been going to the gym anywhere from 4-6 days a week (lifting weights with some light cardio mixed in) for about 3 weeks now. I have been lifting with a very experienced friend and a couple of our other friends joined us recently so we are helping teach them.

My TDEE maintenance (according to tdeecalculator .net) is 2,916 calories if I was sedentary, and if I am doing moderate exercise (3-5 days a week, which I am doing a bit more and the exercise is pretty intensive), my TDEE is 3,766 calories. I have been eating 2,800 calories per day.

I have gained a TON of strength. The newbie gains are really impressive. My problem arises in the fact that the scale has not moved at all. My experienced friend told me today in the gym that I look slimmer, and I definitely feel better physically, but I just can't comprehend why I would still be the same weight. I still feel quite fat for sure, and I just want to at least see that I am making some sort of progress on my weight loss.

Should I go down in my calorie intake even further? I know 2,500 is my BMR, so it probably wouldn't be too great for my body to go below that, especially while trying to build muscle.

submitted by /u/PlaneSizeMatters
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2WUz6Rf

No comments:

Post a Comment