Tuesday, July 4, 2023

I put on a lot of weight since becoming vegetarian a few years ago considering going back to meat for protein but very sad about it :(

I (26F 5'2) used to be about a UK size 8 to 10, went veggie about 6 years ago and went up to a size 20/22 in about a year. There were other factors involved obviously, but the issue now is that I have great difficulty with getting any substantial protein making me hungrier quicker and reducing my energy levels.

I did make it down to about a size 12 prepandemic by basically starving myself, but gained it all back in 2020. I lost about 10 kg since September 2021 (where I was my heaviest at 106kg), but it's ticking back up again.

Meat substitutes aren't as good in my country and are way more expensive, also I don't really cook as it isn't feasible for me right now. I buy preprepared but the options for veggies aren't numerous and generally aren't geared towards good macros etc. There's loads of options for preprepared, protein high calorie low meals but they're all for meat eaters. I'm also not getting enough vitamin-wise at the moment so overall it looks like I'll need to switch back to at least chicken if I want to make things easier in terms of weight loss.

I'm just really sad about it cause I went veggie purely for ethical reasons but health wise I think the wisest option is to switch back :(

submitted by /u/FantasticOwl
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/tmYFlx8

No comments:

Post a Comment