Tuesday, July 4, 2023

Teaching myself to get rid of the bad day mentality has had such a good impact

So I (22F) began my weight loss journey about two years ago when I was a little over 220 pounds. When I first started out, I tried setting a calorie deficit and sticking to it. This proved to be really challenging and almost counterproductive at times because the minute I went over my calories for the day, even if it was by something really small, I’d write the day off as ‘bad’ and let myself eat poorly. I ended up ditching the calorie counting all together for a while and stuck to eliminating snacks, cutting out all drinks except water or the occasional diet soda, and eating three balanced meals a day. I got down to about 192, where I started plateauing.

I gave calorie counting another serious go about two months ago and made it my mission to not throw in the towel the second I went over my calorie limit. It was challenging at first and the negative feelings were definitely there, but I was able to keep telling myself ‘Alright so I went over a bit, that’s not the end of the world’ and carried on. Now I think I’m genuinely believing it. I haven’t had a ‘fuck it I already went over’ binge day in nearly a month and have no plans on having one in the future.

I’m shocked at how much it’s paid off. I got on the scale for the first time since I started counting and am now at 184.4 pounds. The last time I was that weight was back in my first semester of college and I’m not gonna lie, it makes me a little emotional. I can’t believe how much I got into my own head about all of this before. The change in my mentality has made ALL THE DIFFERENCE and I honestly truly believe I’ll be able to keep it up this time.

I’m just super happy and felt like sharing! :D

submitted by /u/Carb_Lover01
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/FdhL3tK

No comments:

Post a Comment