Thursday, October 4, 2018

Scared of the scale

For the last month or so I've been working out a lot as I joined my university's handball team. I'm the worst in my team. I'm the biggest, the one with the worst technique and the worst stamina, but I'm getting through it and getting visibly better at the sport.

In the beginning of this semester I was weighing myself everyday, to try and learn about my own body's fluctuations, and try to use it as motivation to lose more weight. Unfortunately, I was only gaining weight, for no specific reason, even though I was working out hard up to 5 times per week, and eating quite healthy. I got really sad by this, and stopped weighing myself completely. I gave up trying to track my weight loss, and stopped looking after what I was eating, even though I was still working out a lot.

Today I bought myself a food scale, so that I can start tracking my food properly again. I have been doing this over longer periods before, and I want to get there again. I want to lose weight and get more fit so that I can perform on the handball court, so that I can run faster, and so that I can feel like I look good and beautiful.

But I am still scared of stepping on the scale again, I'm afraid that I haven't lost any weight since the last time, or that I have even gained weight. If I've gained weight, its most likely muscle, but with the amount of fat I have on my body I really need to lose some of that as well. I just need to build up my mental strength, and step on the scale tomorrow morning.

I need it. I really need it.

submitted by /u/glowspore
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Nnk5wP

No comments:

Post a Comment