Thursday, November 15, 2018

Has anyone had success losing weight on a vegan or plant based diet?

Hello fellow losers! Let me introduce myself first. I am coming to an end of my weight loss journey very soon. I am a 26 year old female, roughly 5'2" (maybe 5'3", I should really check this,) and currently 123 lbs (starting 158 lbs.) I started in May, fell off the band wagon and gained it back, so I started again in August. Successfully, this time. I combined IF, CICO, and Keto.

Keto was my toughest decision. I have always ate a more plant based diet, even when I was a kid. However, I was not losing weight, heck, I was gaining it! So, I gave keto a go, and it worked. Ugh. Well, my time has come that I am done with keto and I really want to switch back to my old diet. I ate so much meat in the past few months, that I have even been contemplating going fully vegan for awhile.

I have already made the switch away from keto but I will not be eating bread, pasta or added sugars. I will continue IF and CICO.

I attempted to research "weight loss on a vegan diet" myself before crying to my wonderful Reddit family about it, but I found nothing conclusive and very little info. I adjusted my macros in my Chronometer app to 30% protein, 40% carbs, and 30% fat, simply because that was about the only info I could find. I have no idea if I am screwing this up.

So back to original question! Has anyone successfully lost weight on a plant based diet? What macro goals should I be aiming for to continue weight loss on a vegan diet?

submitted by /u/awkward-beach
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2RZJY8V

No comments:

Post a Comment