Saturday, November 17, 2018

How do I break this cycle?

So I've been on a weight loss journey and lifestyle change for almost 2 solid years now. I started with CICO, focusing on healthier foods, was vegetarian for awhile, and vegan for a short time. Now I'm full omnivore. I'm still having trouble exercising regularly, besides walking everyday. I have always had the mindset that I don't have to deny myself the things that I enjoy eating or drinking, but to do it in moderation. Those cheat days have lessened over time and I've been doing really good for awhile now.

I recently started intermittent fasting (IF). I modified it to work with how my body naturally likes to eat. I have a decent breakfast at 6-8am (depending on the day); 300-500 calories. I have dinner between 6-7:30pm (absolutely stop eating by 8pm regardless of the day); 500-800 calories typically.

As of 11/10/18 I am 91lbs down. I have also noticed that my skin is starting to tighten a little due to IF, and I have been feeling amazing. However, I checked the scale today and I haven't lost anything. I am the exact same weight I was a week ago. It reminded me that every time I lose about 5-10lbs, I plateau at that weight for about a month and then lose another 5-10lbs but I cannot figure out why this happens. When I do eat more/cheat, it still doesn't even put me above 1500 calories a day. It makes me feel crazy and that I'm not making enough progress but this seems to be the cycle my body gets into. I want to be in Onederland before January but at this rate I won't be. I know I should exercise more, and I want to start lifting again but I just cannot afford a gym right now. It's also really cold where I live so outdoor exercise is difficult.

Advice? Recommendations? I'm sick of this cycle and don't understand why or how it keeps happening, especially since I don't gain any weight during these times and don't go overboard on calories.

submitted by /u/realisticred
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2QQOdmK

No comments:

Post a Comment