Saturday, November 17, 2018

After losing 80lbs and gaining 30 back, I'm back to normal BMI again

A few years ago I started my weight loss journey from a high of 250lbs and lost 80lbs in the span of about 14 months.

I became active and maintained a weight of 170-175lbs for a good 6 months or show, and slowly but surely my weight started going up.

Granted, I was in much better shape and I'm sure a lot of it was muscle. Even at my new high of 195lbs a couple months ago, I looked better than my skinnyfat 170lbs.

But my diet had gone to shit, even though I was pretty aware of calories (I'm guessing my maintenance is around 3200 a day, and I was eating 3500-4000+ for the majority of the year) I stopped restricting myself, but I still logged it all. And then for a few weeks I didn't even consistently track food. As I got close to 200lbs which is something I swore I'd never reach again I started to take things more seriously.

And it was hard. Even though I'm ahead of the game and I've done it all before, it was like starting over. I hadn't been denying myself sweets or letting myself ever feel hungry during the past year.

But anyways, I was a bit stricter on myself for the past couple months and yesterday I clocked in at 184lbs, back to (the upper end of) normal weight for my height.

After losing all that weight and adopting healthy habits and being calorie conscious (even during this year of not restricting, I'd still always go for lower calorie ice creams etc) I didn't believe it'd be possible to gain it back. And luckily I didn't, not too much. But just a reminder to anyone maintaining or nearing their GW, stay aware and live in moderation. And if you do find yourself gaining weight back, try and fight it earlier rather than later.

TL;DR - After a year of being fit and eating like I was invincible I creeped up back into the "overweight" category. Restarting my diet was hard so just a continual reminder to everyone to live in moderation and be aware of your intake :)

submitted by /u/Adamantyte
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2zds5MU

No comments:

Post a Comment