Friday, November 16, 2018

I don't know how to be a member of online support communities (like loseit) without becoming obsessive and it taking over my life

I've been a loseit member on and off (on different accounts) for many years now. Each time I've been on, I've lost 20-30lbs which has been great. Unfortunately, whenever I start using this and other weight loss subs, I find myself descend into this obsession where my whole life becomes about weight loss. I can't even focus on my work because I'm too busy planning my meals, thinking about when I'm going to work out, and endlessly rereading top posts. I log obsessively (like with a spreadsheet to calculate my true TDEE) and start pushing to see how few calories I can handle eating per day and how small I can make my IF window. Which of course, makes me too tired to focus on work, so all I have energy for is more scrolling. Every time I've stopped being a member of these communities, I get off track and find myself gaining weight back. Does anyone else have this problem?

P.S. Before anyone suggests therapy, yes, I am seeing a therapist. I'm just wondering if anyone else exhibits similar behavior.

submitted by /u/cicoprog
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2DqWlGJ

No comments:

Post a Comment