Friday, November 16, 2018

I’m either plateauing hardcore or doing something wrong

Have been trying to lose weight the last 8 months. Original weight range was 132-137. After turning 25, metabolism must have changed because normal dieting techniques (smoothie diet, extreme low calorie days) and workout routine (3-4 days a week of cardio, some HIIT classes) weren’t working anymore. Instead, while doing these things, I gained 10lbs even though I was working out almost 7 days a week doing more strength training/HIIT classes and eating “healthier” (aka more salads and chicken). Sure, some of body (legs especially and arms) have grown more toned but areas like my stomach and face are getting rounder.

Fast forward a few months later, I’m traveling a lot for work and thus not able to maintain my own cooking and same workout schedule. My new normal is now 144-148. I don’t look as heavy as I did when I was this weight in high school due to the toning but I hate how round my face and stomach are now.

I’m now not traveling and trying to eat mainly chicken and salad. I try to cut calories, keto worked for a bit, and I still workout 3-4 days a week. I’ve added new things to my workout like aqua exercise and yoga but even on days of hard workouts, I don’t see a change.

TLDR: old weight loss methods of smoothie diets, keto, low calorie days aren’t working after turning 25. Working out heavily has only boost muscle mass but isn’t contributing to weight loss. Don’t know what else to do.

submitted by /u/keeflennon43
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Bcvdde

No comments:

Post a Comment