Sunday, November 18, 2018

Right before the holidays is a great time to start losing weight

Last night, we had our annual Friendsgiving dinner. I've been back on the weight loss train for two weeks now and decided that I wasn't going to worry about what I ate at the party. I skipped lunch in preparation and prepared to stuff myself.

In the end, I ate about half the amount I ate last year. After two weeks of portion control, I just don't have the same appetite that I did before. I wasn't trying to keep my food intake low. After I felt full, I still went for the dessert, but I only ate half my dessert before I started feeling sick.

Originally, I was going to wait for the new year to start my diet. Then it occurred to me that now was just as good a time to start. Even if I over-indulge on holiday treats, I'll still weigh less on January 1st than I would have weighed if I waited. I'm not going to count calories at family gatherings and holiday parties, but at least I'm now eating less without really trying.

I've always gained a few pounds between Thanksgiving and Christmas. If I only manage to maintain, it would still be a success. Instead of feeling guilty about over eating on Thanksgiving, I'll be glad that I spent the rest of the week eating right. I won't enjoy my holidays more if I wait to diet. In fact, I'll probably enjoy them more because I won't end my day with a stomach ache from too much junk food. I think starting my diet in November is way better than starting in January.

submitted by /u/MrsCharmander
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2A5iSpi

No comments:

Post a Comment