Sunday, December 2, 2018

Mental blocks to weight loss

Hey /r/loseit friends. I have lost 180 lbs, starting at 480 and hovering around 300. I look better, I feel better, I'm dating and am seeing a girl who really seems to care about my needs. Lifes been great, but I want to lose weight. I want to keep losing but I can't.

Once I hit 300 officially a few weeks ago my brain went into cognitive dissonance mode and started freaking the fuck out. My brain holding my body image of my 480 lbs self and entering new territory that I've never been at as an adult, I just couldnt handle it. I gained some minor weight back but quickly reigned myself in. I recognized the pattern. It was the same thing as last time I had lost a lot of weight and got to 300. I'm just a couple pounds above that (probably water weight, maybe a bit of fat), but I'm going to keep on keeping on and try to push to break into the 200s this week.

I just wanted to know if anyone had experience similar and what their experiences were like?

submitted by /u/untamed-reborn
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2AMbfnZ

No comments:

Post a Comment