Thursday, January 3, 2019

50 lbs so far! around 70lbs more to go (or less). Just wanted to say thanks to the community.

I've checked this sub mainly when it came up to /r/all but around last summer around June, I started my weight loss journey with keto (not super strict). I realized that I actually really enjoy a lot of food from that nutritional grouping, and I can manage the calories more easily with foods in keto than anything else. I've also lost all sugar craving around August when I actually cut sugar in its entirety for a few weeks (same with carb cravings).

Anyway, instead of a wall of text explaining every step of the way, just wanted to say thanks to this community for tips and constant encouragement from people who have made progress and warnings from people who have fallen back (those have helped me come this far as well).

Quick summary:

  • cut out sugar (after cutting out, it became so easy to not consume but hard to avoid - I gotta ask if there's sugar in everything)
  • very low carb
  • counting calories
  • just weight lifting (screw cardio, although I recently tried out HIIT which was kinda fun, and helped) - 3 on 2 off PPL 5 day cycle

I'm planning on getting to about 10-15% body fat for the goal and I have been gaining lean mass so I might be able to reach the goal before 180lbs. The weight is a rough estimate of where I need to be.

Progress pic: before ~310lbs, after 266lbs!

submitted by /u/davidjung03
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2BYS9f9

No comments:

Post a Comment