Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Has anyone here been able to overcome their body dysmorphia after major weight loss?

Would like to someone to talk to about their body dysmorphia experiences and how they were able to cope and learn to love themselves. I've (5'10 M) dropped from 305lb to 200lb (180 is my goal) over the last 10 months. My face has gotten a lot cuter however I stiil have a chubby loose belly and a lot of loose skin on my manboobs. I can appreciate the massive improvement in my face and I look decent when im clothed but still view my unclothed body as disgusting/unsexy/unlovable. I recently gained the confidence to ask out the first girlfriend ive ever had.. only to ruin the relationship a week later due to my dysmorphia insecurites needing verbal intimate validation that she wasnt able to provide yet as her past left her avoidant of intimacy. The relationship probably wasnt going to work due to other incompatibilities but it taught me that i still have a long ways to go with being okay with myself before I should attempt another relationship with someone. Comment here or DM would be much appreciated

submitted by /u/Trixntips
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2LWJgaq

No comments:

Post a Comment