Sunday, January 6, 2019

Losing weight and looking frayed.. How do I look better? Help!

I looked at pictures of me recently and was a little shocked. I had a wedding, I had no clue what to wear- what my hair looked like at its best, what shoes I needed to wear, how much makeup was too little/much.. I was really stressed. I think I have diet face since I have been on a deficit the past 6 months. Or maybe this is my face below all the fat.

This may not be the appropriate sub for this, but I have been obese/overweight all my life and have dressed to blend in. I didn't care how I looked and I didn't make an effort. But my face looked young and cheerful when I smiled. Now the smile is there, the youth is fading and I don't know what to do!

I am at a healthy BMI and my body suddenly looks good and the awesome grooming and style apparently doesn't magically come with weight loss.

I see people on here dressed so fab and I want basic basic tips.

I only recently started

  • plucking my eyebrows
  • applying face cream
  • picking clothes that fit my shoulder and body right
  • Paying more attention to the accessories I wear (I used to wear floaters with everything and the same watch regardless of outfit and time of day)
  • wearing some lipstick on super dressy events

So I would like some advice at life. Seems like there are a lot of men's channels that do this. I have taken from them what I can. But a lot of it is not relevant.

  • I still don't know anything about makeup. I live in a super humid place, I don't even know how much makeup is a good idea.
  • I have one dull orange handbag that I take to work everyday. It was a jansport backpack before that, everyday.
  • I alternate dull orangle sandals and black bellies to college.
  • I used to wear black hair ties everyday, now I try matching it to the color of my dress.
  • I don't do too much with my hair. It is curly. I travel in a scooter, have to wear a helmet 3X a day. It is always in a bun/pony.
  • My black hair has started greying and I want to do something about it. Do I dye all of it at home or just some of it? I don't like the idea of having to do this every month or less.

I want a very basic guide at adult life- clothes, grooming, accessories and makeup. If you could direct me to something for teens, that would be good too!

I tend to be more minimal in aesthetic as in I would rather focus on having all the essentials first.

submitted by /u/CurlyMope
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2sb1oED

No comments:

Post a Comment