Wednesday, January 2, 2019

M/46/181cm/83kg. I am so bloody proud of what I have achieved. 54kg down and fitter than I have been since I was a teenager!

Hello and Happy New Year to all you lovely losers!

I don't post here very often, but have been so inspired by everyone on this sub that I wanted to share my weight loss journey with you all. I know you want the before and after pics so here they are (apologies for the quality!)

For background, I am 46 years old, 181cm and currently 83kg. I don't live a "regular" life. I run a bar in a holiday resort, and as a result I work ridiculous hours every day for 7 months, and then take 5 months completely off.

I´ve always struggled with my weight and self image, but over the last few years I really piled it on. I was drinking way too much, my diet was terrible and exercise was non existant. I was spiralling into a depression and got to a point where I couldn´t see how I could ever change. I was struggling with my workload, was miserable all the time, and I was basically waiting to die (melodramatic I know but its how I felt).

Then last March, I was walking home after a day in the pub and I was gasping for breath walking up a small hill. Something clicked in my brain and I decided that it was time to sort myself out. I got home, talked with my SO and asked for her support, downloaded MFP and started tracking calories. I went all in and set myself a 1000 calorie per day deficit, bought myself a Fitbit and committed to 10k steps per day, and most importantly swapped beer for diet coke.

Something amazing happened. The numbers on the scale started to drop. I was 137kg at my heaviest but eating at a deficit and walking daily soon saw that number get smaller and smaller.

My clothes started to hang off me, I was feeling better, looking better, my snoring reduced drastically to the delight of my partner, and I felt like a dark cloud had been lifted off me.

As the summer came around my workload increased massively and my daily steps increased to an average of 25000 per day (14-17 hour shifts will do that!) and I had to increase the calories I was allowing myself just to get through the day, but the weight kept melting off.

By October I had hit my goal weight of 80kg and felt amazing. As work was starting to wind down I decided it was time to up my game and join a gym.

Walking into the gym for the first time was scary as hell. It had been at least 20 years since I had lifted weights, but with the help of /r/Fitness and YouTube I soon got into the swing of it and I only wish I had started sooner. Feeling my body get stronger, and more flexible is addictive and although I´m new to it, I have already made some noticeable gains.

I continue to track my calories, but think nothing of having a pizza/kebab/beer if I want one. If I over indulge I just make up for it over the next couple of days. I have gained 3kg since October, but that is down to increased muscle mass and I´m happy at the weight I´m at.

I never thought I would be writing a post like this yet here I am. I´m fitter and happier than I have been for a very long time, and I have no intention of ever gaining that much weight again.

submitted by /u/iceroadfuckers
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2F4R21w

No comments:

Post a Comment