Friday, January 11, 2019

NSV - I glanced at myself in the mirror and liked what I saw!

I’m only 1 week in to my newest weight loss journey (lost about 30-35 pounds a few years ago and gained it all back, thanks grad school). Once I finished last semester, I was able to focus more on myself and my health, and I quickly realized I developed a LOT of bad habits and had let them go on for too long. What finally sent me over the edge was a family photo with my SO’s family - I knew I was bigger than I wanted to be, but I didn’t realize what I actually looked like until I saw the pictures.

Thankfully, that was just the kick in the butt I needed to start taking better care of myself! I’m down about 4 lbs (though at least 2 of those were likely bloating from all the crappy junk food I was eating) and feeling much better. I’ve been eating way more fruits and vegetables and using an app I like to track calories and inspire me to think about food in a healthier way.

I was at work today, wearing a form fitting T-shirt and jeans, and when I glanced in a mirror as I walked by I thought I looked pretty good! I haven’t had a moment like that in a while, so I wanted to celebrate it by posting. It’s not a 70 lb weight loss, but small victories are great too. 🤗

submitted by /u/hoyahiker20
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2sp7iCe

No comments:

Post a Comment