Thursday, April 4, 2019

Old Fat Guy loses weight. I am going to chronicle my weight loss on a blog and hope to get support and advice on Reddit. Thanks in advance!

I’ve struggled with extra weight almost my entire life. I’ve done many diets and workout programs in an attempt to drop the pounds. I’ve finally decided to get some medical help before my extra weight becomes grotesque obesity.

I’ve been out of shape since high school athletics ended. I played basketball, football and track. Without those constant workouts and workout partners I have slowly (but surely) slipped into obesity.

I’ve tried different diets. The one that works the best for me was Atkins. The problem with Atkins is that you must sustain that lifestyle forever. And I couldn’t do it. The other downside is that you lose muscle every time you lose weight and your metabolism never recovers fully. Now that I am 43 and don’t have the metabolism I once did, it’s time to try something new.

I will tell everyone what I’m doing (I actually started March 18th) in real time with daily updates to my blog (address will be posted here soon) and instagram, Facebook and twitter.

I hope people enjoy the blog and,more importantly, are helped by what I have gone through in the past and what I’m going through now.

submitted by /u/OldFatGuy43
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Vv9RPK

No comments:

Post a Comment