Sunday, November 10, 2019

Love makes you fat, but it can help you change your life for the better too!

Since June 1st, a little under six months ago, I've lost 22.7kg (50lbs). I've officially reached my first weight loss goal, which was to reach the weight I was back when I graduated high school! My BMI has gone from 37 down to 27.7, so I'm still overweight, but I'm no longer obese.

I try to limit my daily calories to 1200~1500. I do intermittent fasting, so I'll generally refrain from eating from 8pm to 12pm the following day. Occasionally on weekends I'll do OMAD. IF has helped me so much by helping me cut down on my snacking! When I started tracking my calorie intake, I couldn't believe how much I was eating in snacks and sweets every day! I also generally avoid drinking my calories, so I limit my drinks to black coffee, unsweetened tea, water, and Coke Zero. I'll drink alcohol once or twice a month on nights out with friends, but I've more or less completely cut that out too!

To exercise, I try to walk at least 10k steps every day. I go to dance class and do yoga every week! I picked up the game Ring Fit Adventure for Nintendo Switch, and I aim to get 30min of light exercise through that every day. Last month a rock climbing gym opened up in my town, so I'm looking forward to checking that out too!


I started gaining weight a lot after me and my husband began dating in 2010. I guess it's true that love makes you fat! Being happy and comfortable with someone really makes you less worried about weight gain. But the reason we started trying to lose weight together in the first place is because of a health scare he had back in May. So I guess love can make you change your lifestyle for the better too! He's also lost a bunch of weight, and I'm so proud of him. He's only about 5kg away from being no longer obese too! He is my partner and my best friend, through thick and thin! (😉)

My new goal is to be at (or at least as close as possible to) a healthy weight by January 1st! I gained all of my weight in the last decade, and with all of the knowledge I've gained from this and other subreddits, I know I can keep it maintained in the next!

submitted by /u/lucky_chachacha
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2O3egat

No comments:

Post a Comment