Thursday, February 6, 2020

Anyone get better at running without training for it specifically?

So I casually play slow pitch in the summer and have always been embarrassed about running the bases. I’ve basically avoided running since I was 13 years old and got teased in gym class for being so sweaty and red after playing sports.

I found myself running sometimes last season but always got reminded how slow I was by my team since I’m “the fat funny guy who can handle being teased”.

I know people will suggest just running if I wanna get better at it, but I have been told to avoid running when I work out due to arthritis in my lower back, so I’m kind of wondering if just general weight loss and strength training will make a significant difference? I’m sure the 20-40lbs of weight I hope to lose will help, but has anyone with experience with a situation like this?

Thanks!

submitted by /u/3inch_richard
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2H0hKaD

No comments:

Post a Comment