Monday, February 3, 2020

Does speed of weight loss really influence the chance of loose skin?

I'm currently 29 at 234 pounds (male) and 6'1.5". I started a diet and workout program on the 20th of January. I have shed 15.4 pounds already. But I aim to shed 55 pounds extra, for a total of 70 pounds. I always read that losing weight slowly and steadily is the best way to prevent any loose skin, but is this really true?

Is there any scientific evidence or only anecdotical? I don't see how a double blind study is possible as everyone's skin is different. That being said, I'd argue that the longer you're overweight (and your skin remains stretched), the higher the chance of loose skin. In that regards, fat weight loss would even be a bonus... Anyone any real idea?

submitted by /u/forcoolstuffD
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2GOTeZJ

No comments:

Post a Comment