Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Hello everyone! I’ve just started my weight loss journey

Hi everyone! I’m new to Reddit and I’ve just started my weight loss journey. I joined the gym at the YMCA a few weeks ago but I only found the courage to go yesterday. I’m a 23 year old female and I’m 5’3, 308 lbs. I’m currently in college studying for my bachelors. I’m hoping this will be the last time I start a weight loss journey. I’ve probably “started” 6 in the last 5 years and failed them all. I usually lose like 20 lbs at the most but I always gain it back.

One of my biggest issues is emotional eating. When I graduated high school I went through a very difficult time and would cope by eating junk food. I guess it made me feel happy. Fast forward to today and I’ve gained 130 lbs since then. I don’t know how it got this bad, but I’m trying to get back to a healthier self. My doctor recommended intermittent fasting but I tend to binge (on junk food) when I do that...

Another thing that I seem to have trouble with is being consistent at the gym. I feel like I get really self conscious and that deters me from the gym. Every time I’ve gone I’m always the biggest, most out of shape person there.

My goals for this weight loss journey are to be at a healthy weight of about 150 lbs and to be able to run a marathon.

Does anyone have any advice for emotional eating / incorporating healthy foods into their diet or being self conscious at the gym? Or any advice in general? Thank you for taking the time to read this!

submitted by /u/catsplusdogs
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3bc02Pi

No comments:

Post a Comment