Monday, February 3, 2020

Trying to lose weight but my knees are causing problems. Looking for help/ resources.

Hi, I am here hoping someone might know what I can do to help myself without having to go into physical therapy.

To start off in July of 2019 I was 295 pounds. The scale today told me I was at 259. I want to take my workouts and weight loss efforts up a notch so I tried to start the exercise program called T25. This made me VERY quickly realize just how bad of shape my body is in now. I used to be able to complete the full exercises in the video when I last did it in 2013.

My big problem right now are my knees. In the first 5 mins they started doing lunges. I tried 3 times to do a lunge and failed in extreme pain. Neither my right nor left knee was capable of doing a lunge. Also for the last year I have been incapable of using my left knee when going up stairs. I take it one step at a time, always using my right to get up the next step.

This realization of just how weak and broken my body has become has hit me hard. I am determined to try and fix this, but I have no idea how. If anyone knows anything about how to strengthen knees I would greatly appreciate any sort of input.

submitted by /u/urruke
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/37X81gY

No comments:

Post a Comment