Monday, February 3, 2020

weight loss with chronic illness (small victory!!)

I was diagnosed with MS last year and every appointment since, doctors have mentioned my weight and not taken my symptoms as seriously because of it. for reference, I am a 5’7” 23 year old woman and weighed 194 at the time of diagnosis.

I haven’t felt great about myself since my weight gain from college (50 lbs) but never had the motivation to do anything about.

since my last appointment, where my doctor didn’t listen to anything about MS and only talked about weight loss, it created a motivation that I never knew I had.

in the past 2 weeks, I’ve worked out 4x a week (small things like yoga and walking), eaten healthy, and already lost 5lbs. I know that’s probably just water weight, but I’m so determined to make doctors look at me as a MS patient and not someone who just needs to lose weight. it’s small, but I’m really proud of myself and just wanted to share this somewhere!!

submitted by /u/terpsgirl
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/31tvX9q

No comments:

Post a Comment